Art Academy

Sarajevo, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Info

Location:
Sarajevo, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Preporuka
Category:
Heritage / Attractions
Web :
www.alu.unsa.ba
Phone :
+387 33 210 369, +387 33 210 530
Email :
alu@alu.unsa.ba

Property Description

After the Austro-Hungarian occupation of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1878, the number of Evangelicals in Sarajevo increased significantly as well as the need for construction of the First Evangelical Church. The project was started by Austrian Philip Balif, while the design was entrusted to one of the most famous architects of Sarajevo the Czech Karl Parzik. The church was opened on November 19, 1899. After the end of World War II, most of the Evengelist left Sarajevo together with the Austro-Hungarian army, and the Church lost its function. At the end of the 70s Vlado Nagel, one of the last Sarajevo evangelist, transcribed the property of Evangelical Church to city authorities that in 1981 transferred the Academy of Fine Arts in the renovated and refurbished building house.

Attractons nearby: coast of Mak Dizdar promenade; Bridges:  Festina lente, the Eiffel, Cobanija; Radic street, BBI Shopping Centre, Main Post Office building, the building of the Law Faculty, National Theatre, the Olympic Center Skenderija, a large park, the central town Tito street.

Map